IMPORTANT: The Pharmacy Technician Certificate course is not included with our school’s registration in Utah nor has the curriculum been approved by the pharmacy board of the Utah Division of Occupationand Professional Licensing. Therefore, this program is not offered to Utah residents.
DISCLAIMER: For residents of Florida, Indiana, Nevada, South Carolina, and Utah, State Boards of Pharmacy may require different requirements for pharmacy technician training. The states of North Dakota and Washington will not consider the training received in this program adequate to fulfill pharmacy technician credentialing requirements. You should contact the State Board of Pharmacy to obtain the requirements applicable to pharmacy technicians in your state.
Why Our Pharmacy Tech Program?
Do you see yourself working in a pharmacy, assisting clients, and getting prescriptions ready? Do you have great professional ethics, and a desire to work in a medical environment? If so, then the Meditec Pharmacy Technician is for you! Pharmacy technicians work in pharmacies located in hospitals, clinics, and hospitals filling prescriptions written by doctors. Attention to detail is very important. The pharmacy technician is an integral part of the healthcare team. According to the Government’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, this career is expected to increase by 25% through the year 2018! This means that this is a stable career choice. Pharmacy tech’s make $16-$19 an hour, which means it’s a lucrative career choice too!
OUR PHARMACY TECHNICIAN TRAINING PROGRAM – With PTCB Exam
Pharmacy technicians are paraprofessionals who work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist to assist with activities that do not require the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians assist with maintaining records, filling, dispensing routine prescriptions and medication orders, stocking supplies of patient care areas, maintaining inventories of drug supplies, preparing sterile compound products, accepting prescriptions and refill requests, and providing assistance to the customers and patients specific to the pharmacy practice setting. Exciting careers are available in traditional pharmacy settings, e.g. retail and hospital pharmacies, and non-traditional pharmacy settings, e.g. compounding and nuclear pharmacies.
The pharmacy technician trainingprogram prepares graduates to sit for the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (PTCB), administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, to become a certified pharmacy technician (CPhT). According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, pharmacy technician job opportunities are expected to grow much faster than average in the coming years.
Courses included (in required order):
• Pharmacological Compendium
• Complete Pharmacy Technician, includes:
• Pharmacy Law, Standards, And Ethics For Technicians
• Medical Terminology, Dosage Forms And Routes Of Administration
• The Prescription
• Drug Classification
• How Drugs Work
• Hospital And Institutional Pharmacy Practice
• Community And Other Pharmacy Settings
• Extemporaneous Compounding
• The Business Of Pharmacy
• Pharmacy Communication, Jobs Skills
• Pharmacy Math Review
• Review For The PTCB Exam
Why Choose Meditec?
- 40 years in the business of what we teach
- Fun and informative learning systems designed to master complex material FAST
- Interactive learning – no memorization required
- Lots of practice - real world exercises
- Completely self-paced, no deadline pressure
- Job networking - Post graduate job coaching
Our pharmacy technician training courses are available online, and they are all self-paced. They include EVERYTHING you need to know.
Our Experience - Accept Nothing Less:
1969 - 2011 In business for 40+ Years
1994 - 2011: Online training for 17 Years
1994 - FIRST on the Internet with Online MT Training
Your enrollment includes EVERYTHING you need:
- Full online courseware, including streaming video presentations
- Instructor support from our highly qualified personnel
- The Pharmacy Technician – 4th Edition (Prospective Press Books)
- The Pharmacy Technician – 4th Edition (Workbook and Cert Review) (Prospective Press Books)
- The Pharmacy Technician Series: Certification Exam Review
- The Pharmacy Technician Series: Pharmacy Calculations
Pharmacy technician training, pharmacy tech program, online pharmacy tech, pharmacy technician schools, pharmacy tech courses, pharmacy tech classes